Densen has over the years produced many well respected preamplifiers,the DM-20, B-200, B-250 and B-275 to name a few.
Now Densen introduces the B-230, a new high end preamp at an affordable price. Taking many of the innovations from the B-275 Super Leggera preamp, the B-230 offers a new level of performance.
The B-230 is filled with advanced solutions, which all share the goal of giving you even more musicality.
There are many reasons to fall in love with the B-230XS – here are just a few:
- 200 step relay controlled volumecontrol (0,5 dB steps)
- Dual-Mono output-stage based on 6 watt pure class A amplifier with zero-feedback
- Dual incapsuled toroidal transformers for optimal quiet performance
- 1x 20VA power-transformer for microprocessor and display, and 1x 50VA power-transformer for sound-circuitry with seperate rectifiers and capacitors for each channel.
- 90.000 uF capacitor bank made with Custom Densen capacitors
- Expansionport for DP-07 phonoboard – turn your line-1 input into a phono-input.
- Expansionport for future upgrades (DAC, Surround, Streaming)
- Upgradeable with external powersupply (1-NRG, 2-NRG)
- Designed in Denmark – Made in Denmark
The volume level is controlled by an extremelyprecise attenuator made of Vishay metal film resistors, which is switched by relays controlled by the icroprocessor. In comparison with a normal volume potentiometer of the kind used in the majority of all preamps, the microprocessor controlled attenuator has virtually no self induced noise and an extremely low distortion. This results in an unsurpassed precision and refinement, and the attenuator contains no less than 200 steps! This makes it possible to adjust the volume very precisely (0.5dB) even when the sound is so low that an ordinary volume control would create an uneven balance between left and right. Compared to the popular digital volume controls used in many amps now a days, the difference is even more substantial. Digital volume controls typically uses FETs for the regulation, and has signalpaths with up to 600 components inside the IC. As such, they lack transparency and detaillevel. This the B-250XS microprocessor controlled attenuator has in spades!
The B-230XS contains sockets for the SA Board for surround, DP-07 MM RIAA stage. There is also the possibility of upgrading the B-230XS with the 1-NRG or 2NRG external power supply to further enhance the sound quality to experience truly breathtaking musical experiences.
The amplification stages are all refined developments based on advanced Class A designs, which have been encapsulated on the board to avoid any kind of interference with the delicate signal. The output stage is a dual mono design with an extraordinarily huge storage capacity (100.000 uF) that would make most other power amplifiers envious. This design produces
a musicality which is truly outstanding by any standards.
specs & Features
- Line inputs: 4 sets + 1 tape loop
- Processor loop (for use with external surround processor)
- Pre-amp outputs: 2 sets for easy connection for bi-amping
- power supply size: 1 x 20 VA + 1x 50 VA
- Storage capacity: 70.000 uF
- Output stage: Output stage pure class-A with zero-feedback
- Internal expansion-ports: 1 for expansion module (fabelDAC, FabelCAST) + 1 for phono module
- Can be used with Analouge surroundboards (5+1 and 7+1)
- Upgradeable with external powersupply: Can be used with 1-NRG or 2-NRG
- Gizmo system remote compatible
- Weight: 8 kg
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 440x310x64 mm
- Available in silver with chrome buttons, black with chrome buttons or black with gold buttons
- Designed and Made in Denmark